Primary function is to administer skilled nursing care, under the supervision of a registered nurse, for clients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and referring agency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the RN, participate in planning and implementing specialized procedures and duties that assist in meeting the nursing care needs of the patient in accordance with agency policies.
- Assist the RN in carrying out the plan of care.
- Assist the patient in learning appropriate self care techniques.
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect both staff and patient (OSHA)
- Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members, and other health care professionals.
- Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payor
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.