A registered professional who provides coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements and evaluates patient care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Plans, organizes and conducts physical therapy treatment program based on the medical referral and their evaluation. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform initial and ongoing clinical assessments to identify patient needs, determine level of functioning, including OASIS assessments at appropriate time points and appropriateness of patient for home health.
- Develop and revise a Plan of Care in consultation with the physician and other care-team members.
- Your position will include: Participation in coordination of patient care.
- Provide therapeutic treatments and evaluation of equipment needs as applicable.
- Evaluate outcomes of care with appropriate discharge planning.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accept clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Supervise PTA and HHA as appropriate.
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board and participate in in-service programs.
- Use effective interpersonal relations and communication skills to advise and consult with the family and other agency personnel as appropriate.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency
- The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
This position will service Fayette and Lavaca counties as well as parts of surrounding counties.